Friday, November 19, 2010

Easing into the "cleanse"

After our meeting yesterday, I'm finally starting to wrap my brain around what I'll need to do to stay on course, as they say, during those 3 weeks. There are three main challenges I anticipate already (aside from the inevitable cravings I'll have for my usual dark chocolate snack at 11am every day):
1) Shopping and eating according to the Quantum Wellness plan while shopping for and feeding three others who will NOT be on the plan.
2) Chris and I have plans for a nice dinner out (planned long before I agreed to join the 40-year-old vegans) and I'm wondering what on earth I'll be able to order off the menu. I'll have to be one of those crazy people who asks about all of the ingredients they use, etc...
3) There's a fun potluck I don't want to miss that's right in the middle of our cleanse. Do I just eat ahead of time? Do I bring a dish that meets the requirements of the cleanse and eat only that??
I think that this will be a good exercise in learning how to incorporate a healthier lifestyle into my usual routine. Should be interesting!!

- Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment