Tuesday, November 23, 2010

T Minus 5 Days And Counting

Mary, thanks for the recipe links.  Today I found "Miso Mayo" at Cal-Mart (near the prepared deli section).  It's no sugar/gluten and it's vegan -- looks like a great sauce for veggies and things and maybe could even serve as a salad dressing base.  I got the red pepper version. 

I also pulled some great looking recipes from a magazine (with a much more inviting title than Living Without!):  Whole Living.  There's one for baked sweet potato with coconut and pomegranate seeds that sounds like dessert!  (The magazine also recommends brewing tea with pomegranate seeds at the bottom -- genius!)   I bought another magazine, called something like Natural Solutions (though I can't remember the exact title), which I haven't read yet but bought because I was attracted by the "10 Best Gluten-Free Foods" headline on the cover.  Once I've got all the basics shopped for this weekend, I"ll then turn to actual cooking prep.  (And I'm not making any promises that I will cook.)  In the meantime, I'm torn between wanting to slowly wean myself from the Big Five and wanting to totally gorge on them while I can!  Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment