Sunday, November 21, 2010

Leslie's Shopping Lists

For the past few weeks, I've been tossing cleanse-compliant food ideas into a file and today I used the file to create shopping lists for Trader Joe's, Rainbow Grocery and Whole Foods.  I plan to hit all three stores next weekend -- after the Thanksgiving rush.  Here's what I've got.  Note:  This is my personal list -- it's not exhaustive.  For example, I didn't include tofu because I don't especially like it.  I didn't include popcorn or agave because I have them already.  Also, these are not shopping lists for particular recipes but just for staples.  I expect to do a lot of shopping during the cleanse as well, particularly if I get inspired to actually cook.

TRADER JOE'S:
corn tortillas
Cashew Cookie Lara Bars
corn chips
guacamole
quinoa
nuts
soy, rice and nut milks
veggie stock
rice and other grains
Earth Balance (butter substitute)
salsa
mustard
dried fruits
frozen spinach

RAINBOW GROCERY:
gluten free oatmeal
GF soy sauce
Tinkyada brown rice pasta (fusili)
Udi's breads
Pamela's flour mixes
vegan cheese (no rennet or casein)
vegan yogurt (no sugar)
GF cereal (no sugar)
Morningstar sausages (or similar)
GF pita bread
olives
rice cakes
pasta sauce (no sugar)
flax seed oil
flax meal
canned soups
canned beans
egg substitute (for baking)
coconut milk

WHOLE FOODS:
lentil chips
miso paste
red pepper hummus
nut butters (no sugar -- including peanut butter)
teas
veggies (including sweet potatos)
fruits (including lemon)
veggie sushi
maple syrup
dried beans
coconut water

No comments:

Post a Comment