Sunday, November 28, 2010

Feast Before the Fast

I'm thankful that I’m not alone in using the Cleanse as a license to feast before the fast. Thanksgiving was followed by a fabulous Friday dinner with friends who have perfected the art of gourmet comfort food. The weekend brought unplanned meals down the coast at Hula’s Grill and Tiki Room and the Cowboy Diner. Need I say more?

En route home tonight, made a quick stop at Whole Foods to tide me over until the “big shop” (Leslie, $237, but who’s counting?). After a practice dinner of three-bean salad, I have rifled through the newly shelved groceries and conducted round one of my snack taste test. Results:

Goraw 100% organic Ginger Snaps: Great

Goraw 100% organic Chocolate Super Cookies (negligible or no caffeine): Good

International Harvest’s Mulberry Walnut Raw Granola: Okay

Rhythm Crispy Kale Chips-Zesty Nacho: Good

The glass of chardonnay that’s washing down the snacks: Fabulous

An hour and 37 minutes to go. Good luck to us all! -Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment