Sunday, December 12, 2010

13 Down, 8 To Go

Yunah, don't beat yourself up about the slacking.  (I, too, have a husband's law firm office party this week -- crudite, here I come!)  Here's a direct quote from the book: "Just because you don't do everything perfectly on the cleanse doesn't mean you should give it up altogether."

Last night, the kids wanted Japanese food so we headed to one of our favorite places.  I dutifully brought my gluten-free soy sauce packs.  Craig and I munched on edamame and veggie sushi.  We couldn't have the miso soup because it had fish in it.  Rats!

I feel like I've been on this cleanse forever and yet we still have so far to go -- a whole other week.  Many (!) years ago I ran a marathon ("shuffled" a marathon is a more accurate description).  I had this same feeling at mile 16 -- I'd already run SIXTEEN miles and yet I still had TEN more to go.  Hopefully it'll go quickly.  I've got 3 social events that require eating out, which will be my last challenge.

Meanwhile, I've checked out three vegan cook books from the library (see photo below) and I ordered a gluten-free/sugar-free baking book from Amazon.  While I will resume many of my old habits after the cleanse, I'm definitely going to be more mindful about some things.  For example, I can eat well without gluten and even dairy.  If I can find some low-sugar chocolate chip cookies, I'm golden.  But you will find me at Peet's at 6:30 next Monday morning, treating myself to a large drip (decaf) coffee with soy milk.  :)  Leslie

3 comments:

  1. Please let me know if the baking book is good. I'd love to bake no sugar/low sugar alternatives for the kids. Thanks, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie,
    -strange b/c miso usually never has fish in it.
    -i dont' get it, decaf coffee doesn't have caffeine, so why is it off the cleanse? b/c it's a habit we have to break?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decaf has caffeine in it -- a lot less than regular, of course, but caffeine nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete