Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Longest I've Gone Without Chocolate

Okay, I'm starting to feel pretty good.  Having not worked out since October (!), thanks to lingering effects of Labrynthitis, I went out for a power walk today.  It felt great and I felt great.  I ran into Mary, bright-eyed and smiling, at school pick-up today.  She feels great too.  We believe Day 9 is a pivotal day.  (I saw her yesterday as well and neither of us had yet noticed much difference...)  Day 9 might just be the day our bodies begin to rebalance.  How is everyone else feeling on this Day 9?

Although I said I was no longer obsessing about coffee, that may have just been a temporary lull in my cravings.  Today, I have indeed resumed obsessing about coffee.  I turn my head when I walk by Peet's so as not to get an accidental whiff.  When I go back, I'll go back to decaf.  But I just cannot wait to go back.  And I do believe this is the longest I've ever gone without chocolate.  I'd like some of that too.  But when I go back, I'm going to find the ultra dark, uber healthy kind -- not the junky loaded-up-with-sugar-and-chemicals kind. 

In other cleanse news, here's one of my favorite meals -- from even before the cleanse:

Peel and cut a sweet potato into small pieces.  Cover and microwave for about 7 minutes with a splash of water.  Separately, tear up kale and cover and microwave for about 2-3 minutes with a splash of water.  Drain both.  Normally, I mix them together with TJ's spicy peanut sauce but I found a cleanse-friendly alternative online:
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
1 Tbsp. GF soy sauce
2 tsp. agave
2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. chili oil (I found sesame chili oil in one bottle so I just use 3 tsp. of that)
1 clove of garlic (I pop in the frozen, pre-minced squares from TJs)
Mix.  Delicious!  Leslie

1 comment: