Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sorry to be so MIA

Hello fellow cleansers,
I apologize for being so absent lately on the blog. It has been unusually busy for me this past week and by the end of the day, I just flop in to bed and conk out. I just read Caitlin's note about falling off the wagon and I admit to doing a bit of the same yesterday.It was strange, but after 2 weeks of not feeling too many cravings for my usual vices, I just HAD to have a handful of chocolate chips!! And then last night, I was at a friend's house and couldn't resist trying a few of these yummy-looking homemade pita chips. Though I did feel guilty about my "fall from grace," I was pleased that I had no desire to eat any more of those things after one small helping. I just needed a little taste of the forbidden fruit and then I was fine and back on track. What this all says to me about the way my mind and body work is that I've gotten into a pretty good eating pattern but I do better with a little flexibility to fall off the wagon here and there. After this week is up, I'd like to try to stay as gluten-free as possible (I think this is the thing that has made the biggest difference for me during the cleanse) and try to limit my sugar intake as well (I've enjoyed the steadier energy level that has come with the no-sugar part). The no-alcohol-no-caffeine piece will be something I'll try to keep going with (except for those special occasions like husband's business parties, evenings with the in-laws and the like).
-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment