Wednesday, December 1, 2010

This may be TMI...but...

I'm feeling a little gassy and bloated.  I have been eating a lot of beans.  I also have PMS so who knows the true cause.  Tonight, I didn't feel like cooking or experimenting so we had leftovers of the curried lentils.  Giving up my mid-afternoon cookie and my late-night chocolate snack has been easier than I thought it would be.  (Those quinoa flour macaroons are tasting better and better each day...)  The same is true of cheese -- I'm not as tempted as I was yesterday.  But I really, really, really want a cup of coffee -- a nice, rich cup of hot coffee. 

A lot of people are asking, "How's the cleanse going?"  I'm not sure yet how to answer.  I'm doing it, I'm motivated, I'm having cravings, but I'm not starving.  But I also don't feel all that different yet.

Here are a couple of good quotes from the book:

"[H]abits come about because they provide some sense of security and regularity in the face of anxiety.  But the more you lean into the discomfort, instead of running from it or grabbing another drink, as long as you have a willingness to breathe through the difficult feelings, you will become more and more free to live at the highest levels of wellness."

"This is a 'diet' you could stay on indefinitely, because it doesn't deny your body any of its needs and is actually rich in nutricious vegetables, whole grains, fruits, and nuts, and chock-full of everything you need to fuel your body for a lifetime." 

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment