Friday, December 3, 2010

Today is a day...

...that I would otherwise pick up a tuna melt from Beautifull (de-lish, by the way!) and a Heavenly chocolate chip cookie from Noah's (I have already given those cookies way too much ink on this blog -- can you tell I'm obsessed?) at Laurel Village on my way home from an appointment I have nearby.  It's the perfect day -- cold, rainy, pre-weekend -- for that kind of comfort food.  It's going to hurt me more than a little to head home without them.

Meanwhile, this weekend will likely be my biggest challenge on the cleanse.  I'm going to a Hanukkah party tomorrow night (I'm praying she makes her latkes without eggs) and Sunday I'm going to an annual cookie exchange with sorority sisters.  I've already warned my college friends about the cleanse (likely confirming the stereotype of the hippe, granola San Francisco mom to those suburbanites).  I made the cookie dough last weekend and had a few samples then so there's no need to re-test the result when I defrost and bake them off Sunday morning.  I will simply be a cookie donor rather than a cookie exchanger.  I'm going to bring my own food -- likely some quinoa concoction -- to both events.  I hope I don't get on anyone's nerves (people who do this at parties usually get on mine) and I hope I don't burst into tears over the aromas.

Meanwhile, on this Day 5, I don't feel all that different yet.  Does anyone else?

I'll leave you with another quote from the book:
"[W]ith this cleanse, we are not only detoxing from years of putting junk in our bodies, but we are also letting go of old habits, beliefs, and ways of being that no longer serve us." *

*Note -- I'm quoting exactly.  As much as I like this book, I -- as an anal professional writer -- do not approve of the author's overuse of the serial comma!

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment