Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hello, Cleansers, Are You Still There?!

Surely, Mary and I are not the only ones still on the cleanse.  Speak up!  Let us know how you're doing.  I am dying of curiosity.  We have LOTS of people on the cleanse.  It's Day 11.  I, for one, want to know how everyone else is feeling.  Don't be shy.

So Craig received a Harry & David gift box at work.  He wasn't going to bring it home but then he saw "apples and pears" printed on the side so he thought, "Perfect cleanse food!"  Well, unfortunately, the box included much more than apples and pears.  Take a look:
Yup, that left side was loaded with carmel corn, cookies, truffles, chocolate-covered cherries.  Noooooooooo!  I quickly wrapped up the items that appealed to me and put them in a bag out of sight to give to my cleaning lady.  I kept items that I don't like so much for after-school treats for the kids.  (This is far less tempting than walking into Peet's to get something for them there, with the intoxicating smell of coffee impairing my better judgment!)  If I was not on this cleanse, I cannot tell you how many truffles or chocolate-covered cherries I would have eaten last night alone.  So for everyone who has said, "I can't believe you guys are doing this during the holidays," I respond that it's the PERFECT time of year for a cleanse!  Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment