Friday, December 17, 2010

These Last Days Are Harder Than The First

OMG -- I am ready for this cleanse to be OVER.  I have stuck with it -- extremely hard core -- and I'm finding that these final days are far tougher than the first few.  In the beginning, you're kind of crazy with excitement about something new and the exotic snacks to munch on.  But that has worn off.  I'm at the bottom of my corn chip bag, so to speak.  I can see that light at the end of the tunnel and I'm ready to be there already.  The vegan, no-sugar/no-gluten foods are running low in my fridge and cabinet and I'm not planning to replace them. 
That said, I am NOT going to sway during these last days, as tempting as it is.  After all, the cleanse is 21 days for a reason.  Why would I give up all the hard work I've put in not to see this through 'til the end?  (Though, speaking of "end," there's a strong chance that I am going to get out of bed and scarf a handful of chocolate chips when the clock strikes midnight, ringing in Monday morning.) 
As challenging as it has been, this has been a positive experience.  Most notably, and I don't want to jinx anything here, I believe that I have finally, finally kicked the long-lingering effects of the heinous Labyrinthitis, which is what started me on this journey in the first place.  For that, it was worth every passed-over cookie, every drop of Peet's that landed in someone else's warm, paper cup.  It was worth everything.
So I will decline the appetizers tonight at my husband's company holiday party and I'll make some sort of bean-soup dinner Saturday night and I'll eagerly await our end-of-cleanse gathering on Sunday.  And look for me at Peet's bright and early Monday morning, sipping my decaf with tears of joy.  Leslie

2 comments:

  1. you are amazing! You can do it! go leslie go!
    xx oo maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. dying to hear how the firm party went!
    it's the fantasy dessert bar that will do a girl in.

    ReplyDelete