Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Girls' Night Out

Last night there was a 4th grade parent meeting at my daughter's school at 6:30pm. An hour before, I dashed off an email to a bunch of friends asking if anyone wanted to have a drink after the meeting. It could still be fun to hang out with friends at bar while on the Cleanse, right? I was hopeful.

We settled into a booth, everyone ordered fun drinks and I ordered....bubbily water. My friends know about the Cleanse, but I felt a little like Mrs. Grinch anyway while ordering. When the drinks came I still felt defeated, but after we settled in it was a great night-- lots of chatting, laughing, etc and I didn't miss the alcohol one bit. After a drink out I would normally go home to snack, but when I got home I wasn't hungry at all.

While I don't feel that different on the cleanse, it made me realize that I eat a lot more everything than I need. And for me even one drink triggers snacking and (for sure) sugar triggers more sugar. So thanks to Mary and all of you for offering up the opportunity to do the Cleanse, I have learned a lot about my own habits in the last 10 days and who knows how the next 11 days will unfold?!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for posting. I agree -- I'm going to eat a lot more mindfully when this is over. And I totally agree about "sugar begets sugar." :)

    ReplyDelete