Wednesday, December 1, 2010

These Were De-Lish!

Here are a few VERY easy things I've made that were DELICIOUS (if I do say so myself!).  First up:
Drain and rinse a can of garbanzo beans and roast them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  Toss with salt or other spices.  Super crunchy and yummy.  Lots of protein.  Seriously couldn't be easier.  Next up, last night's dinner:
Found this in Whole Living magazine (I may get a subscription now!).  Roast a sweet potato for 45 minutes (or microwave), mash, then add a little unsweetened coconut milk, unsweetened coconut flakes, pomegranite seeds, salt and lime wedges.  YUM -- filling and not too sweet!  I also roasted brussel sprouts until they were quite brown.  I ate mine with a little mustard, which hit the spot for me last night.  Craig had his plain.  Seriously, this dinner was easy (I pulled it off on our busiest kid-activity afternoon/evening) and delicious.

This is a major bonus of this cleanse -- I'm actually cooking (something I rarely do) and I'm discovering new dinner/snack ideas.  I would still die for some coffee right now but today I'm feeling pretty jazzed about the whole thing!  Leslie

2 comments:

  1. ok,i 'm making that garbanzo thing tonight! the colors are gorgeous!
    y

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you add olive oil to the garbanzos before roasting?

    ReplyDelete